Thursday, June 2, 2011

The "Graduate"

We had the Family Commencement Day Picnic for Nick's preschool on Tuesday.  I say "Graduate" because he will be going back for another year of preschool in the fall...we are going to keep him out of kindergarten even though he makes the cutoff by a whole 8 days (or I guess I should say, because he makes the cutoff by 8 days)!!!!! 

Nick's teachers do such a great job...with everything.  They have the commencement at a zoo/park so that families can spend time together going to the zoo and playing at the playground.  Then a picnic and a short little ceremony when the kids get their "diplomas" and "hats".  We were very luck to have Uncle Pete, Auntie Tara, Emma, Drew and Leah join us for the day.  Everyone had a great time and Nick was so excited to "show his school friends his cousin Drew".  

I didn't let the tears flow this year (I will save that for next year) but my pride certainly swelled even more than usual for this boy who has had his hands around my heart since the day he was born.  The huge smile on Mrs. McCarthy's face when Nick went to say good-bye to her and she said, "We are SOOOOOO happy that Nicholas is coming back next year".  And then Ms. DesJardins, who filled up with tears when she hugged Nick and said, "I love you buddy".  So proud of my baby who makes others feel the same happiness that he makes us feel every day.


Contemplating his future...or looking at a zoo animal???


Popsicle break


Nick and Mikey, climbing the spider web of success!


1st attempt - I don't think we have ever attempted a family picture without everybody being a goofball in the first shot


There we go.  We can be normal (sometimes).
 

Nick, Jack and Mikey.  We will miss Jack next year!


The "Graduates"


You can't hear it on the video but the "graduation song" is playing in the background...doesn't help with the sniffle factor!!!  I think the only way that Nick's smile could get any brighter would be if he had his two bottom teeth!

No comments: