Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Preschool Happenings

We absolutely love Nick's preschool. He has such a great time and is learning so much. He even has a crush on one of the teachers! He is always saying she is so pretty and her hair is so long (even though it's not!) So cute. On Sunday they had "Father's Day Pancake Breakfast". The kids all brought their Dads to the school for activities and to make/eat pancakes. It's so great that they take the time on the weekends so that the Dads can be included. Today I went to school to join them for their Thanksgiving Feast. Also great that parents are welcomed with open arms to all activities. I was so proud to hear that Nicholas is doing great. "Just fantastic. Couldn't be any sweeter and is a such a wonderful addition to our class" was the direct quote from one of the teachers. I can't wait for parent conferences in February so that I can get more details!!!!

Loves math just like his Mommy!

Such a studious little boy

That didn't last long! Crazy boys.

Nick was called up because the teacher was explaining the clothes that Pilgrims wear and she wanted to show everyone a collar. You should have seen his face when he was standing there...he was so proud/embarassed/excited. Priceless. I had a little tear in my eye (I know, obnoxious). Of course I didn't have the camera ready so I only got the departing shot.

Getting ready to make Pilgrim Bread (aka Monkey Bread) for the Feast!

At the corn table. Who knew that playing with kernels of corn could provide hours of fun??? Set one up in the basement!

Time to burn off some of the Feast (that I failed to get pics of but during which more tears were springing up. One of the teachers read a "grace" about being thankful that the kids repeated after her and it was the cutest, most touching thing I have ever heard. Too bad I didn't have the camera ready on video mode!)


No comments: