Thursday, February 17, 2011

Splash & Ski Weekend

Last weekend we headed up to North Conway for the weekend with Uncle Pete, Auntie Tara, Emma, Drew and Leah. We stayed at the lovely Weston Woods Chalet for the second time and everyone had a blast. Nick has had serious EmmaDrew withdrawals this week (that's how he says their names, like they are one entity!) Nick had his first ski lesson on Friday and he did a "fantastic job" (so said the instructor - at the beginning of the lesson I was hanging around to watch and she said 3 times, "See you later"...so I took the hint and Uncle Pete and I headed to the top of the mountain for some adult runs). I think I am definitely going to be a Green Circle skiier for the rest of my life. Unless the kids get really good and make me do Blue Squares with them! After his lesson, Nick and I stayed on the bunny hill. After about 3 runs and 14 falls, he was ready to go (and so was I). On Saturday we hit the Kahuna Laguna indoor water park at the Red Jacket Inn. Again, everyone had a blast. It was so great to go from being all bundled up, hurtling down a mountain (ok, maybe not hurtling) in 10 degree weather to putting bathing suits on the next day. After about an hour Chelsea wasn't feeling that well though so Ryan and I had to tag-team holding her all bundled up in a towel. Poor thing was burning up by the time we left. Nothing a little Tylenol couldn't handle though. Nick is already asking, "Can we go back to the ski house with EmmaDrew when I am five?"

Girlies cuddled up for a movie

Please do not interrupt, they are engaged in VERY serious business

First ones on the mountain!

And that's a rap!

TREACHEROUS sledding hill in front of the house. There were definitely a few tears shed (and not just by children) after flying over the "bump" that someone built in the middle of the hill

Snow pow-wow

Out to dinner

Not sure why they didn't kick us out after this one!


Putting on a brave face at the water park

Nick and Ry coming down the "big" slide

Took a few laps around the kiddie pool and kiddie slide before she called it a day

There they go again

Nick and Drew ran up this rope ladder thing and down the slide on the other side NON-STOP for at least an hour. I was exhausted just watching them.

Poor girl pup. Fell asleep on me for about 45 minutes (I knew she wasn't feeling well but secretly loved the baby cuddle time)

Breakfast!

Pig pile on Emma!!!




2 comments:

Brooke said...

That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast- though that picture of pete is a bit disturbing...definitely my kind of vacation- best of both worlds;-) I'll have to look into that- is that Kahuna Laguna in North Conway?