Monday, February 21, 2011

"Life is not measured...

...by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - Unknown
My grandmother passed away last night...1 year and 5 days after my grandfather passed. Although they lived long, wonderful lives, we can't help but feel like they were taken away from us much too soon. I am very lucky to be able to say that she was an often-present person in my life. She and grampa came to a lot of our sports/school events, they hosted every holiday at their house and of course, Saquish. She taught me how to correctly make a bed, set a table and lattice a pie (I can't say that I have ever done the latticing since!) I have so many fond and vivid memories of the moments I shared with her. I will treasure them forever and she will continue to take my breath away. We love you Nana. Give Grampa a BIG hug from us.

This is how I will always remember them, relaxing in the yard or on the beach with their cold drinks, reading their papers and enjoying all of the wonderful people that they created.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heath, sorry to hear about the loss of Liz. I'm sure she is happy being back together with Russ- whereever they may be...we are thinking of you & your family

Brooke said...

So sorry to hear this Heath! If you get a chance, message me your number. I lost all of mine! Hugs and kisses to you all! xoxo

Unknown said...

Hey Heath - So sorry to hear about your grandma. Sending you lots of love.

Brian said...

Dear Heather - I am so sorry! I also have very fond memories of Russ and Liz!! They were amazing people. Thinking of you! Love - Sue