Sunday, September 12, 2010

And "the day" came...a little bit earlier than I expected

There have lots of moments over the past 4 years when one child (or both) have been clingy and whiny and they only want to be near Mommy. They have both also had stretches when only the loving arms of Mommy can make everything better. Even when nothing is wrong, somehow, Mommy is the one who is picked to read the book, sit on the lap, play the game, etc. That's just how kids are with Moms. During especially clingy times when Mommy just needs a little break, I have looked to Ryan in vain and said, "can you please remind me of these days when they are teenagers and don't want to have anything to do with me?" Well, the day to remind me came yesterday, a lot earlier than I expected it. Nana and Papa came over for an impromptu dinner. After dinner we were all playing Wii and Papa mentioned something about, "someday when you sleep over my house Nick". Somehow Nick got it into his head that he was going home with them and sleeping over that night. He kept talking about it, "I can't forget my puppy when I sleep over your house tonight". Stuff like that. So, they decided that he seemed game so why not have him sleep over. We told them to call us to come get him if need be. We figured that we wouldn't be getting a call when Nick ran out our front door yelling, "Bye Mommy, I will miss you but I won't miss you that much!!!" My big boy. Sniff, sniff. At least I still have my Chelsea Cling-On.

No comments: