Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An actual fall day

After the snow on Sunday, I figured we'd better take advantage of any nice weather that comes our way, so when the thermometer topped 50 today we headed to the playground. It was a little more chilly than I was expecting because the play structure was totally covered by trees and we weren't getting any sun but the kids had a ball anyways.





This is what happens when the three year-old's arms give out after Mommy makes him hold the (chubby) 11-month old for too long...the 11-month old does a face plant into the wood chips!



This is the pony that lives next door to the playground. He/She walks over to the fence as soon as he/she sees anyone approaching. I think we spend as much time feeding the pony grass as we do playing on the equipment when we go to this playground! The pony shares the fenced in area with a chicken coop and the chickens were very vocal today. I asked Nick what he thought they were saying and he said, "Where's my popcorn? I want to eat my popcorn!"

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the picture of the two of them....priceless!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Can't beleive u got snow already! Yikes! We were just in Connecticut, and brrr!! It was chilly...I'm not sure if I can come back! And to have to bundle up the kids for every outing...ugh. Must admit, fall is a beautiful time- when it doesn't snow!