Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Deep Conversations

Oh boy.  Nick was in some sort of deep mood on Tuesday.  A couple of conversations that went on that day...

1) While Nick and Chelsea were petting Tommy...

Nick: Tommy is my brother
Chelsea: No, Tommy is my brother
N: He's both our brother.  And I have 3 sisters; Queenie and Gracie are my sisters that are cats and you're my sister that is a person.  And someday soon Chelsea you're going to be a wife.  And I am going to be a man.

"Someday soon"???  Sloooooow down!  Mommy's not ready yet.

2) While driving to the playground...

Nick: Mommy, how were you born before me?
Me: Because Nana had me in her belly and then I was born.  And then when I grew older I had you.
Nick: But how do the doctors get the babies out of the bellies?
Me: (big sigh) Ummm. (Might as well just go for it).  Well, babies can come out two different ways.  Some come out of their Moms' vaginas and some babies heads are too big, like you and Chelsea, so the doctors have to cut a hole in the Moms' bellies and then they pull them out. 
Nick: But did it hurt when they cut the hole in your belly?
Me: No, they put stuff on it so it wouldn't hurt.
Nick: Oh.  Did it hurt when they put the stuff on?
Me: No, not at all.
Nick: Oh. Are we going to the playground with the big slide?
Me: Yes. (Huge sigh of relief).

Gotta love kids and the way that their minds work.  I will forever be in awe of the way their little brains want to know so much and can can soak it all up.

No comments: