Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Can she eat over?"

And it begins. Last week Nick ran over to our neighbor's yard to play with his buddy Zoey and a little while later we got a call..."Can Nicholas eat dinner at our house?". Yesterday, we were all outside playing together again and the kids were not happy that they had to depart and go into their respective houses. We invited Zoey to come inside to keep playing and not 5 minutes later Nick was asking, "Can Zoey eat dinner at our house?" After we said that yes she could and made the call to her Mom, the next obvious question came: "Can she sleep at our house too?" Let's just start with dinner Nick!! It brought me back to Gorwin Drive days of long ago when these same questions were asked of our parents many, many, many times! Right now I ask myself, why did our Mom's sometimes say "No"...what's the big deal?? I will have to remember to ask myself this question again in a few years. Somehow, I have a feeling my answer will be different.

No comments: